• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I export my Lightroom Classic Collections into Photoshop?

Participant ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In an attempt to dip my toe into learning Photoshop I'd appreciate guidance on how to export copies of my Collections from Lightroom into Photoshop.

Cliff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Hi Cliff,

When you’re working with Lightroom, there’s no need for exporting entire collections. What you’ll do is to organize your collections within Lightroom, and do your main bulk of Develop work within LR. Then, if an image needs to go to Photoshop for more advanced work, right click the photo and choose “Edit in Photoshop CC 2018” (or whatever your current version may be). When you finish in Photoshop, close and save your work without renaming the file, and it will import back into LR automa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cliff,

When you’re working with Lightroom, there’s no need for exporting entire collections. What you’ll do is to organize your collections within Lightroom, and do your main bulk of Develop work within LR. Then, if an image needs to go to Photoshop for more advanced work, right click the photo and choose “Edit in Photoshop CC 2018” (or whatever your current version may be). When you finish in Photoshop, close and save your work without renaming the file, and it will import back into LR automatically.

This is nearly always a one-image-at-a-time process, unless you’re merging photos into a panorama or HDR image.

See here for more detail:

Edit Lightroom Classic CC photos in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bingo!

A much easier path than I could have hoped for.

Thanks mike.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines