• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PhotoshopCC 2015 - Move tool changing layer order

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't seem to matter what I do the move tool now changes the layer to the top of the layer order. I was looking around the boards but all of them were answered with the fact that "auto-select - layer" was turned on, but mine is off (tried turning it on and off anyways, but it didn't change anything). It originally started with a 2 linked layers, but I tried single layers as well and it is still happening. Oddly enough all my layers were out of order when I opened the file yesterday, but even then I didn't have this issue (As you can imagine I am getting annoyed with layer problems).

So will those smarter, wiser, more knowledgeable, helpful, and benevolent people of the world please help solve my problem and bring one more useless comic into this world...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Ok, that's not normal, nor is there anything abnormal about your screen shots.

Have you tried resetting preferences? Be sure to save any custom brushes, etc. before you do, though.

~Barb

PS delete prefs.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Desidus:

Would you please share a screen shot of the file with the following:

1. The Move tool selected
  2. The Options bar visible
  3. The entire image visible
  4. The Layers panel open and showing all of the layers

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb,

Unfortunately I don't think there is a way to show all of the layers... way too many. However for the rest I can do so.

Problem 1.jpg

Problem 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so you are working with artboards, if you select and then drag a layer to move it on the artboard, it jumps to the top of the Layers panel? Is that a correct summary?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb,

Yeah I just select and drag the layer. As you can see in the two pictures I barely even moved the oddly shaped speech bubble that says ,"Hey Cane" and it sent it to the top layer of the artboard. Considering I have to edit all those type layers I really don't want to have to move every single one back (though I suppose I could do them all at once afterwards, but it just seems to be a bigger pain than it should be. The odd thing is it is moving it right out of the group it is in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that's not normal, nor is there anything abnormal about your screen shots.

Have you tried resetting preferences? Be sure to save any custom brushes, etc. before you do, though.

~Barb

PS delete prefs.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok... weird.

Reset preferences (new to photoshop so no worries about stuff I needed to save)

Nothing changed.

Maybe I will just restart from scratch. I am dealing with another problem on this picture anyways (animated GIF [frame animation] won't crop out the translucent extra on bottom). I have some older version of this as well that didn't have the issue, so maybe it will work there. *sigh*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uh oh—I posted the wrong screen shot on my previous answer (and just updated it). Did you actually reset preferences as per the now-correct screen shot?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines