Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC database downgrade

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Is it possible to convert a new CC database into a Lighroom 6.0 database?

Thanks for your help!

Mario

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

It is not possible. However your Lightroom 6 catalog should still be on your hard disk, which you can open in Lightroom 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Why are you trying to do it? You can save xmp back to the files and import into a new Lr6 catalogue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I don´t have LR CC anymore.

Why else should I ask?

But thanks for your answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not possible. However your Lightroom 6 catalog should still be on your hard disk, which you can open in Lightroom 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, but my LR 6 DB is getting older after the newest CC Update and I don´t want to rent a database anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MarioBrunn@t-online.de  wrote

OK, but my LR 6 DB is getting older after the newest CC Update and I don´t want to rent a database anymore.

If you have LR 6, you are not renting anything.

Everyone's LR 6 DB is getting older, and so I don't understand what you mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Till january I have used the CC Version.

My LR6 compatible backup is from last November.

To get free vom the software subscription I have decided to buy LR6 and to use it as long as possible.

If there would be a simple way, without a new subscription, to downgrade the DB I could save some old settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure of the DB downgrade,

Changes to photos can be saved to XMP and imported I think someone mentioned this.

If you cant downgrade you will loose collections, however your old backup will give you this.

Your settings are not stored in the DB If you have windows type %appdata% in windows explorer, navigate to roaming, then find Adobe, under which you will find lightroom. All these folders contain the settings presets, plugins etc. You should not loose this when you reinstall the Lightroom 6, as Adobe allows multiple versions to run simultaneously.

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there would be an automatic downgrade solution, then I would rent Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC again.
Your manual solution is too time consuming.

If I imagine I rent the software again and after 1, 2 or more years, I can not afford to subscribe for any reason, then I have a database that is completely useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a plan that will not work. Lightroom Classic CC catalogs cannot be used in earlier versions of LR. You'd be better off sticking with LR 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And by the way. this is not my plan. This is the shit from Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I imagine I rent the software again and after 1, 2 or more years, I can not afford to subscribe for any reason, then I have a database that is completely useless.

No, you'll still be able to view and export your photos, you just won't be able to use the Develop or Map modules: FAQ, common questions & answers | Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That does not matter!

As long as I can not convert the CC database into a format that gives me full access to life after a purchase, Adobe is history to me.

I'm staying with Lightroom 6 and Affinity Photo!

Goodbye Adobe!

This decision was not easy for me, but it is unavoidable.

Pity!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines