• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing Audio in Presenter adds break in sound

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2009 Jan 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our department had been previously using Presenter 6.2 without too much trouble. However, since there had been some fixes in 7.0.2, we've decided to upgrade. One of the things our group does is use selected members of our team as our Narrators while another edits the audio. This means either recording audio via a 3rd party app or using presenter's built-in audio recorder. The problem we are witnessing with 7.0.2 is when we need to edit audio within presenter, say, to remove areas where the narrator breathes, Presenter fails to create a seamless edit.

Here's an example. A person(breath) records a slide. We use presenter to clean the audio up by taking the white noise from the beginning of the slide, and paste it over the breath. However, when that happens, Presenter now looks at the slide like this: "A person (break in sound) records a slide"

We've looked at the published (in the data folder) format and found that when recording or importing audio using Presenter, it makes a single .mp3 file for each slide. However, after that slide has been edited, Presenter breaks that slide into the pieces it has been "Cut and Pasted" in and puts them together into files that read something like "a24x1x3.mp3, a24x2x5.mp3, a24x3x8.mp3".

The problem is where these separated mp3 files join, is where the breaks in the audio occur.

Has this happened to anyone else? Will Adobe ever fix this?

This seems like the same recording tool that is in Captivate, however, Captivate doesn't have this issue.

Thanks
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 17, 2009 Jan 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team and I are experiencing the exact same results. We are not able to fix this behavior without involving a third party application.

I am hoping there will be a fix for this issue as Presetner 6.2 worked seamlessly. If anyone has a workaround that works within Presenter 7, I would love to hear it.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2009 Jan 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been expereincing terrible problems with audio recordings since upgrading to 7.02, using the pause button whilst recording completely deletes all previous recording in the slide - so using the edit feature is the only way of making recordings where you can 'pause for thought'.

We have reported this and the bug has been identified and a fix found however there are no dates available as to when this will be relaeased. In the meantime we are snowed under with support calls - My adivice DO NOT UPGRADE TO VERSION 7!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2009 Jan 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely try...I regret having upgraded. Can you still get previous version of presenter? Does anyone at Adobe know when these issues will be addressed? I am even looking at trying other software at this point...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 09, 2009 Feb 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quote:

Originally posted by: Kev UCLan
using the pause button whilst recording completely deletes all previous recording in the slide

I juste creates a post for that problem. I hope it will be solved soon.

Pause button problem while recording audio

Bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources