• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 Reverse Scroll bug in Win10/Surface2

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the settings for Windows 10, you can reverse the vertical scrolling direction of the trackpad.

Normally, this has no effect on the horizontal scrolling direction. For example, in Illustrator and other programs, when you use two fingers to swipe left, the viewing area moves to the left (i.e. the document moves off to the right). This is the behavior of every program on the planet, Windows and Mac, except for Photoshop.

What happens now in Photoshop is that the horizontal scroll is also incorrectly reversed if you choose to reverse your trackpad's vertical scroll direction. This is clearly a bug as the behavior doesn't take place in any other Adobe products.

Someone mistakenly must have used the vertical reverse flag to also multiply the horizontal scrolling distance * -1. It's extremely annoying and counter-intuitive when trying to move around images. Please fix!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Hi Josh:

This is a user-to-user community support forum, meaning we are users like you. To make sure that the Adobe engineers see this request:

Please fix!

Please post it here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family?topic-list[settings][type]=problem.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Josh:

This is a user-to-user community support forum, meaning we are users like you. To make sure that the Adobe engineers see this request:

Please fix!

Please post it here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family?topic-list[settings][type]=problem.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case anyone else is wondering, this is still an issue. Today is January 8, 2024. I am on Windows 11, Photoshop 25.3.1 (latest version generally available) and this is happening to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello! I am also having this issue. Windows 11, Photoshop Latest Version. Today is January 12, 2024. I find no answers whatsoever to this issue. My main issue is that my horizontal scrolling on my trackpad is inverted and my lesser issue is that my pinch to zoom only works if I press alt or if I turn on zoom by scrolling, but then the alt button turns into a scrolling button, which I do not want. I need to fix this ASAP. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines