• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files encrypted with Action can't be open in Mac Preview

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to encrypt all the PDFs in a folder. There are too many to do individually, so I created an Action. Files encrypted with the Action can not be opened by Mac Preview, which is a requirement. When Preview prompts for the password, it accepts it, but shows me a single blank gray page, no matter how many pages are in the document. I have tried it with both Acrobat 7 and Acrobat X encryption and I get the same results. Strangely, if I manually protect the files one by one, I have no issues opening the files in Mac Preview. Is there a way I can fix this issue?

Acrobat: Build: 18.11.20035.264580

Preview: Version 9.0 (909.18)

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report the issue to the developers of Preview (ie, Apple).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear User,

Thank you for reporting the issue. Please confirm if you can open the encrypted files with Acrobat/Reader . It seems to be a bug with MAC preview if it can be viewed in Acrobat but not in Preview.

Thanks and regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cadbury, yes it can be open in Adobe Reader, but my question is why is the encrypted file that the Acrobat Action creates didferent than the file Acrobat Pro creates? If I can get the Action to make the file like Acrobat Pro then my problem is solved. Is there some setting I am missing in my action That happens when I manually create the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines