Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System Configuration for Hi Resolution (8K) Photo Retouching

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please suggest the best system configuration that can be used for High Resolution (above 8K) Photo Retouching in Adobe Photoshop.

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Hi

Take a look here, it all depends on how much you want to spend

https://digitalphotographycourses.co.za/best-computer-photo-editing/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Take a look here, it all depends on how much you want to spend

https://digitalphotographycourses.co.za/best-computer-photo-editing/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link. It was of great help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about stills or video?  If stills, and you mean something more than 7680×4320 pixel size, then you don't actually need to go crazy with hardware.  It depends on what you are likely to want to do, and where you think you might take your image editing in the future. 

I have a 50Mb Canon 5DS and a six year old 3930K six core system with 32Gb of memory, and basic image editing barely makes it break into a sweat.  But a multi layered project of more than 5000 pixels on the long side, can slow it down.  I have had projects that pretty much became too slow to continue, and which I shelved for when I get a faster computer, so you can see how it depends on what you want to do.

I am not sure I'd want to edit 8K video with Photoshop though.  If I'd spent megabucks on a RED Epic, or whatever model that shoots 8K video, I'd be using Premiere Pro and some serious hardware.  It's all a matter of balance.  I also wonder if the current GPU shortage is real enough to affect the sale of high end desk top systems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And thanks Trevor for the detailed info.

I am looking for Still photo retouching and each of my file will have sizes upto 2 GB.

I also have a large number of layers and in most cases will be doing the retouching in 300-400 % zoom.

Regards

Radheesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Trevor says. 8K translates to standard resolution for high-end DSLRs today. Nothing special.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

retouch_2023071221534270.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines