Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicated layer with clone stamp does not reproduce strokes correctly

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I used the clone stamp to remove a window that was adjacent to the window on the left part of this image.  The final image looks like this:

SutterPatch for Neuroscience Edit v1_routine editor insert alt (0-00-05-06) good.jpg

When I duplicate the layer, the duplicated layer looks like this:

SutterPatch for Neuroscience Edit v1_routine editor insert alt (0-00-05-06).jpg

Any idea what's going on here?  Here's a screenshot of my clone stamp settings below.  From what I've read, these seem to be the correct settings for what I'd like to do.  Ultimately, the window moves to the right part of the screen.  I'd like to remove the window that's adjacent to this window so it is just blue on the right side using a combination of the clone stamp and motion tracking.  The background changes color to a lighter shade of blue, which is why I'd like to use the clone stamp so the color of the blue will change throughout the sequence. 

Any help is appreciated!

thanks,

Ben

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 3.15.53 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aside from this being possibly the worst workflow I can imagine (Why not simply use masks and replace the entire background?), you need to fiddle with the alignment and source offset options.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Millenium,

Thanks for the reply.  You are correct that I can get it aligned by fiddling with the positioning of the clone stamp in the duplicated layer, but doing this for every frame, 30 frames/sec seems like an awful waste of time.  Shouldn't the clone stamp appear exactly the same in the duplicated layer? 

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mask around the desired window.  Put the masked layer over a black solid.  Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BennyE,

Still struggling with this issue? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dave, thanks for the suggestion.  I was able to eventually find a workaround along those lines that worked. 

Hi Kevin, thanks for chiming in.  I ended up adopting a different workflow to address this issue, but I'm just curious—am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug with how the clone stamp works in duplicated layers?  I'm just wondering in case I need to do something like this again.  I was trying to replicate this workflow more-or-less: 

Tracking Clone Stamp RELATIVE to Motion Tracking Position

thanks!

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines