• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 7.2 Issues?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having performance issues after installing version 7.2?  Since I've updated on my Mac, I'm seeing significant slow-downs, functions not working (requiring relaunch), etc.  Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

If anyone is still having problems with this issue I found this solution in Adobe help. It works fine, but it would be helpful if they informed people when updating that this might be an issue.

Issues after updating to Lightroom Classic CC 7.2

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional info:  Filtering or flagging takes an extended amount of time... images will disappear for up to 30 seconds before coming back filtered, color coding slow, sync to LR Mobile showing intermittent issues, context menus grayed out for minutes.  I had zero issues with the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having tons of problems with this release, which I have never seen before.  It hangs, menus fly out without invoking them, it looses files edited in Photoshop, and the catalog backup hangs.  Definitely something gravely wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To both posters- I have updated LR-Classic7.2  (& Photoshop, Bridge, ACR) on my Windows Desktop and Dell XPS13 laptop.  Both systems are running LR fast and well with no problems (yet found )

First try a reset of the Preferences file. Resetting Preferences in Lightroom CC/6

and from my past experiences with problems I can also suggest the following-

1) Backup your Catalog and Photo files to a secure location.

2) Use the CC Desktop App to Un-install  Lightroom (and Photoshop)

3) Download and run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove all Adobe 'stuff'.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

4) Open the CC Desktop App and Install Lightroom (& Photoshop)

All this sounds drastic, and it does take time and effort, but a clean fresh install can fix many problems.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'm on a Mac (High Sierra) and not sure the steps you describe apply in this environment, but I will look into whenever I get a few minutes and see what the results are. 

In the interim, I've reverted to 7.1 and have no issues.  It would be nice if Adobe would weigh in on this and if these types of steps were necessary, either include them in documentation associated with an update, or simply script the update to address issues like this.

Seems like I'm not the only one experiencing issues and I'm moderately tech savvy, so I don't believe this is simply a PICNIC issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this one advised by a support employee. At first I thought it brought a solution, but after a few days all the problems described in various posts here came back. Running Lightroom slows down the system extremely, causing crashes of file explorer frequently. As soon as I shut down Lightroom the system returns to normal operation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.
After updating, lightroom behaves oddly.

• Import:
    • 1:1 Preview rendering won´t work! After copying the files it still stays on 1% creating 1:1 Previews, no progress, even after 10 min. And we are talking about 10 36mpix files.
  • Library-modul:
    • to mark pictures with flags, color labels and stars take nearly 20 Sek to show
  • Develop-Module:
    • Export-dialog takes at least 30 Sec. to show.
    • Exporting to Photoshop lets photoshop crash. After restarting Photoshop it says that there is something wrong with the graphic driver (wich hasn´t changed). After clicking graphic acceleration on again (Photoshop) it works again.
    • Exporting to other programs (NIK, Topaz) takes a lot more time and sometimes crashed the application.

After this brief view of the newest update. I won´t update my main machine. This is a BIG disappointment!

My machines run on Windows, least 16gb ram and all Catalogfiles and working files are placed on SSD´s. 4GB Graphic cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

After resetting the lightroom preferences, the issue with the 1:1 previews on import is gone.

culling is back to normal.

lightroom export to photoshop still results in a photoshop-crash, but only when photoshop isn´t running, and had to start fresh.

If photoshop is running everything is normal, and lightroom transfers the picture to photoshop as usual.

Exporting to other programms (plugins) seems to work proper.

If i have time left i will install cc clean again and give notice how that went.

As far as it concerns me, my thinkpad works fine, the update there went smooth.

My stationary windows machine is the one that has the problems (wich a few less since resetting the preferences).

My main stationary workstation is staying at 7.1 since i am assured that it will work like it should.

greetings from austria, thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problems om mac pro high sierra. with and without GPU support

LR 7.2 hardly responding to any request. What i see is that metadata of a selected picture does not load, this seems to hold down other activities like switching to develop mode, exporting or engaging external editors. Cannot shutdown LR 7.2 (wheel keeps spinning). need Force Quit.

reverted back to 7.1 , all problems solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7.2 the most buggy version

stopped syncing to the cloud

preview does not show

moved back to 7.1

macbook pro 2017 15

i7-2,9 16g

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like many others, I am regretting updating to Classis CC.  My main problem is uploading files as usually the first attempt just hangs and even when uploading from a file or card it seems to take so much longer than there previous version.  Like others often when quitting i am forced into force quitting.  I still have the 2015 version and am seriously considering going back to that.  iMac 27in running high Sierra,  I use Lightroom to run charity photo booths and rapid uploading is essential.  Did i see that this was supposed to have had a speed increase?   So far I have not seen any comment from Adobe, but fingers crossed for bug fixes soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm totally frustrated with Adobe Lightroom's performance. I can't get any work done. Class action lawsuit could help. Lightroom performance was less than stellar before the "upgrade", now it's just dismal. I hate using Lightroom now, but it's all I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've started experiencing the same issues; 8 crashes yesterday (Sunday) and one already today after only being open for 5 minutes.  Crash reports generated and sent each time. I can't get anything done!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues here on MBP with High Sierra - crashes during export- & printing-process, quit/shut-down procedure takes minutes!!

Downgrade to 7.1 - everything works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was happy as a clam using 5.4, but since upgrading to 6, it's been

nothing but a pain. 6 is supposed to be perfect for 64 bit systems, but

it's beyond terrible. I want 5.4 back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues for me...

iMac i7 32GB RAM 500GB SSD High Sierra. Catalog on separate external 500GB SSD.

When I upgraded initially it was fine. Whilst creating a subfolder and moving some files it ground to a virtual halt and after that point was basically unusable. After many reboots, reset PRAM, anything else I could think of I downgraded back to 7.1 and all was fine.

Since retried the upgrade and the same unusable system so back to 7.1 again!

First time I've had an issue like this, user of LR since version 4. Rather worrying as I'll need to upgrade at some point (or be forced to switch to another program).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't take another minute of 7.2 after trying to deal with its unresponsiveness and inexplicable behavior for several days.  Soooo glad to be back on version 7.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my journey with 7.2 to getting it roughly 97% operational.

Mac Pro (2013), 3.5 GHz 6-core, 32GB ram, 2 AMD FirePro D700 6GB Vram, GPU enabled.

Initial 7.1 setup: catalog file on external USB 3 hard drive.

Did the upgrade the first day 7.2 was released. Launched the app and NOTHING. Just sat there and every mouse movement resulted in the spinning wheel of death. Gave up and reinstalled 7.1 so I could finished up some jobs. Even thought the folders on the external drives were "visible" in 7.2, they were all grayed out.

The weekend I remembered that having my Capture One Pro session file worked better in my home/pictures directory, so I made a Lightroom folder and moved the catalog file from the external drive to new folder in Pictures. Upgraded to 7.2 again and this time noticed folders on external drives were visible but I still couldn't really access anything in the folder. I run System Monitor and noted significant CPU activity with Lightroom Classic CC. So I decided to just let it sit and see what happened. About an hour later I checked and for the most part things were working but there was still significant CPU activity with the app. Note that LR 7.2 did not indicate any background activities in progress at the time. Got up the next morning and noted that LR 7.2 had been building previews in the new directory, hence all the activity.

Tested out the new features and for the most part things are faster. Exported 953 Canon 1Dx Mark II raw files converted to 1250x1250 jpegs. Took about 14 minutes.

Why 97%? Today was the first day I got to try file import. When I first clicked Import, saw the message the files were being copied and transferred. HOWEVER, I had not yet selected the source location. I stopped the process (not the app), and clicked import again. Import module launched and I was able to import the files. Didn't not the time it took. Took about 3 minutes to export the files tho.

Bottomline, unlike previous updates (for me anyway), I was not able to update to 7.2 and immediately resume normal ops. My personal observation, LR 7.2 is not friendly to the catalog file being located on an external or network drive.  Everything "seems" to be working fine now, exporting to PS and back, exporting to external drives, editing files, etc. Had the hiccup with import today. Really long for those days when things WORKED the first time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. 97%, you're doomed. You had your good day. That's all you get.

On Feb 21, 2018 12:16 AM, "PPhotography808" <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far 7.2 has been an unmitigated disaster.  Slow as hell.  Took two days to optimize.  Import hardly works.  When launched it takes forever to load and even longer to see the (local) disk.  This is the worst update to a product that I have encountered.  Thank god for Capture One, but my main catalog is on lightroom.  I hope Adobe fixes this embarrassing release without delay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention - I use fully loaded iMac.  It's not a hardware problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switched to Lightroom 2015, saving everything as dmg so I can import easily and today uninstalled 7.2 and installed 7.1 again which seems to be working, but still seems sluggish compared to the 2015 version in uploading.

Disappointed that Adobe have not made an announcement or a rapid bug fix.  Some of the comments from folk on the forums did not sound good from the response in getting through to support then not helpful.  Thank goodness I don't rely on 7.2 for a living!

The only way it seems is to go back to 7.1 and forget the new tools and speed hype if you have a large catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar issues on a very high spec windows machine. Performance is atrocious, so much for the hype surrounding the update. Issues include; very slow library update when moving through catalogue folders, switching to develop module does absolutely nothing, edits in photoshop lost (or rather not added to the library), export doesn't run.

My catalgue exists on an external drive as well, so perhaps that's a common theme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, sync freeze,and left to sync. It will crash after a few hours. I was using a Lacie external 2T 110mps speed. hard drive to store my files. I just ordered the Samsung T5,think the transfer speed is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines