bought Photoshop Just bought a NEW pc very fast

hp pavilion power desktop - 580-015xt

Installed photoshop

now its slower than my old pc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

JJMack  wrote

It very posible the his machine has nvidia and intel gpu and need to use Nvidia control panel to make sure ythat  Photoshop and sniffer prefered GPU is the nvidia  gpu not both GPUs.

I always wonder when I see an odd number for system memory, which is 12Gb in this case.  It makes me think it might be using on-board graphics which borrows from the usual 16Gb or RAM.  The specs above mention a GTX1060, which is not stellar, but does at least have its own DDR5 memory (3Gb).  So definite

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your old PC was also running Windows 10 I thing there may be a problem with your Photoshop installation.  Use Photoshop's menu  Help>System Information and post the information here.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also check if you have Graphic Processor acceleration and OpenCL enabled (may require drived update)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It very posible the his machine has nvidia and intel gpu and need to use Nvidia control panel to make sure ythat  Photoshop and sniffer prefered GPU is the nvidia  gpu not both GPUs.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack  wrote

I always wonder when I see an odd number for system memory, which is 12Gb in this case.  It makes me think it might be using on-board graphics which borrows from the usual 16Gb or RAM.  The specs above mention a GTX1060, which is not stellar, but does at least have its own DDR5 memory (3Gb).  So definitely worth checking what JJ has suggested.

Try installing system checking software like CPU-Z and/or Speccy, and make sure that the Turbo boost is kicking in.  You might need to enable that in the BIOS.  Another thought, although not a nice one, is that there is a problem with CPU cooling and it is getting too hot and throttling.

I can't see what motherboard you are using from the above specs, but Speccy will tell you that.  You can then Google — or just read the manual that came with the computer, to see where to enable Turbo Boost in BIOS (if is in fact not kicking in).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the correct spec for the new computer?  If yes, what was the old computer?

HP Pavilion Power Desktop PC - 580 (X6B79AA#ABA) | HP® Store

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The reason I posted what I did was I also saw a web page for the machine  that had this and I said to me self what if!

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines