Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 7 - Driftwood

Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Last weekend's Fuse character challenge had some great responses and ideas. This week is something completely different but hopefully will get the imaginative juices flowing.

I saw this piece of driftwood on the beach at Spey Bay in Scotland. The shapes reminded me of animal bones and that got me thinking about how we all see different things in abstract shapes such as clouds, rocks or pieces of wood.

So the challenge this week is to take all or part of the driftwood below and put it into a scene where it becomes something other than just a piece of wood.

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes - just the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun.

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side. 

To download the image below without the forum scaling artifacts, right click and then use Save Image As / Save Picture As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW7Driftwood.jpg

Enjoy and have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this one really testing Dave. It will be interesting what others come up with.

Driftwood2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I love that !!  Brilliant !  I love turtles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jodi. I can always count on you for support. He's actually Dave's pet tortoise , but being incredibly mean Dave doesn't feed him often which is why he's all skin and bone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Terri+Stevens  wrote

Thanks Jodi. I can always count on you for support. He's actually Dave's pet tortoise , but being incredibly mean Dave doesn't feed him often which is why he's all skin and bone.

Very clever Terri.  Now you have done that, I can see the outline of a monitor lizard.  You'd need to add a long flicking tongue (if the tongue doesn't flick, try resetting Preferences) and that ridiculous jeep from Jurassic Park with above lizard chasing them.  Maybe a speech bubble saying "Ermmmmm  beans, my favourite food. Human beans'.    Now I am thinking of that dreadful joke about tortoises and crunchy meat pies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one Terri - great start

Watch out if you are walking by the River Ness.....

SFTW7DriftwoodA.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I love the River Nessy !!!  That is awesome Dave !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's funny when you stare at things what you see. Your River Monster 'Nessie' has a head very like an otter or coypu. We used to have a big population of Coypus on the rivers here in Norfolk-they aren't indigenous to the UK , but escaped from fur farms over decades and just established wild colonies. Unfortunately, they fed on large fish and anglers hated them and the government took the view coypus can't vote so killed them all off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Terri+Stevens  wrote

It's funny when you stare at things what you see.

That's true. Without any manipulation at all, is it only me that sees the man in his walking gear ?

SFTW7Driftwoodman.gif

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I don't see the man Dave. But I do see a turtle head peeking out of the hole in your selection !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does he look a bit like a mountaineer with a beard or has my brain gone into overdrive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks cool and I like the reflection you mande on the water,cool touch to it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Week7.jpg

If I have to take a Rorschach Test, I try to think Pretty, it's said to be safer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's clever

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Dave.  You set  a clever puzzle, not easy to think of something to do with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh nice !!  That fits in perfectly rista !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that is very imaginative Rista, I wouldn't have thought of doing that in a moth of Sundays Strangely there is a British butterfly called a 'Speckled Wood'

UK Butterflies - Speckled Wood - Pararge aegeria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting, Terri, but of course the real thing is so much prettier than my construct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW7DriftwoodB.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's scary Dave looks like something from 'Predator' , either that or Trevor Dennis first thing in the morning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh now that's incredible Dave !!  A powerful wicked looking entity indeed ! Satan wishes he looked so good !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why my images come out so big on this forum.  Here's a smaller one.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow that foot is incredible Nancy !! Kind of like skin missing off bone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

I don't know why my images come out so big on this forum.  Here's a smaller one.

Ivanka would steal that idea in a heartbeat for a new line in designer footwear, and have it mass produced by children in Chinese sweat shops.  Being slightly more serious, and no offense Nancy, but what sort of mind goes from that driftwood to a Daliesque foot?  If you ever write a book about your dreams Nancy, I want to read it .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines