Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 not working with Wacom Intuos Draw pen shortcuts

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS High Sierra 10.13.2

Wacom Intuos Draw with Driver 6.3.22-3

I've never had any problems changing the shortcuts of a button press. I'm getting back into Photoshop CC 2018 and I want to set the bottom pen button to undo and the top pen button to scroll/pan. Unfortunately, that's not working for me. When I press down on the bottom pen button, it scrolls instead of undoing. Scrolling is the default option. The same thing happens when I press down on the top button. Instead of scrolling, it will pull up the options for the brush which is also the default option. I've restarted the program and the same thing happened. Is anyone else having this problem and what can I do to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

It's a know issue with the Wacom driver.  There's actually a warning about it somewhere either on the Wacom site or in the driver.

The driver does not point to Photoshop after updating.  Select Photoshop in the Application window. Remove it, and add it again.  I think you have to redo your custom shortcuts though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prova ad installare il driver 6.3.23-4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows and have the same issues. Essentially my Adobe apps (Photoshop & Lightroom CC 2018) do not work with Wacom profiles. I can't set up dedicated shortcuts/menus on the tablet that are specific to these apps. I did a search online and found something from 2015 that says a fix is to delete the tablet's preferences, but I don't feel like doing this since the Wacom tablet works perfectly with other non-Adobe apps.

I have found other users reporting a "loop of blame" between Wacom and Adobe. Since my tablet works well with other apps from various developers, my opinion is that Adobe isn't doing diddly squat to fix this issue, and they know it (this isn't the first time that lack of support for these tablets has been raised by users, they're probably working on their own pen tablet!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is one way to fix this. uninstall and reinstall the wacom drivers. but do NOT use wacom preferences.

whit a clean wacom drivers instalation (is not necesary use the last ones, i use wacom drivers 6.3.15-3) try then.

i cant understand why, but that fix is for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a know issue with the Wacom driver.  There's actually a warning about it somewhere either on the Wacom site or in the driver.

The driver does not point to Photoshop after updating.  Select Photoshop in the Application window. Remove it, and add it again.  I think you have to redo your custom shortcuts though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this thread has been dead for a while, but I'm experiencing this same problem in PS 2019 on High Sierra. Anyone find an official workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines