• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add existing Lightroom photos to an album from Windows Explorer

Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a large album of photos in Lightroom. I sent these to someone and they picked the favourite ones from the album, in a ZIP file.

I want to make an album with their selected photos, but when I go to import them it flags them as duplicates and doesn't add them to the album.

I can add them from Lightroom but it will take maybe 90 minutes to select the images in Lightroom that are in the Explorer folder on Windows - how do I make a selection inside of Lightroom based on Windows Explorer files?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

For anyone who's looking to do the same thing:

JimHess is right, you can't technically do this. But a workaround is to use Adobe Bridge to batch rename the photos with a unique keyword, eg "APPROVED", and inside of Lightroom filter for files with that keyword in the name.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do that. Stop wasting time and spend the 90 minutes flagging the images manually in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who's looking to do the same thing:

JimHess is right, you can't technically do this. But a workaround is to use Adobe Bridge to batch rename the photos with a unique keyword, eg "APPROVED", and inside of Lightroom filter for files with that keyword in the name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An an alternative could you create a web share and the recipient could then 'Like' or 'Comment' on the required Photos?

These should then show up in Lightroom (apart from the Cloud Based Lightroom CC I think).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll give that a go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines