• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 Error 5

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't let me uninstall and re-install. It pops up as error:5 when i open.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More details would be helpful. Things like operating system version, what are you opening (you say "when i open")? In other words, we need a lot more information -- emphasis on the word "lot".

Also, if there is actual text associated with this error message, please quote the exact completed unedited word-for-word error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have mac 10.7.5 and downloading photoshop cc 14 was fine but downloading lightroom 5 stopped and i restarted the computer - then when i try to open it it says error:5 and it doesnt give me the option to uninstall it - i am "opening" it from the cloud  -- this is what it says:

"configuration error

please uninstall and reinstall the product

if this problem still occurs, please contact Adobe technical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen

Error: 5

http://www.adobe.com/support/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand "opening it from the cloud"

You say "... but downloading Lightroom 5 stopped and i restarted the computer", did you actually complete a download of Lightroom 5?

Did you contact Adobe technical support, as advised?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue as

except I'm using Windows 10. When I try to reinstall, it fails to install.

Contacting adobe through the support link circles back to here. No help at all, I'm afraid.

"configuration error

please uninstall and reinstall the product

if this problem still occurs, please contact Adobe technical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen

Error: 5

http://www.adobe.com/support/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am now seeing this message too.

Exit Code: 156

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 156) executing in command 'CreateSymlinkCommand' for package: 'AdobeLightroom-mul', version:7.2.0.1156743

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeLightroom-mul Version: 7.2.0.1156743). Error code: '156'

WARN: Unable to create symlink at "C:\Users\krcro\Documents\..\Desktop\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC.lnk"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines