• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 2018 crashes opening image from camera raw

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using PS CC 2017.  I installed PS 2018. 

When I open an image in Photoshop it opens in camera raw as expected, but when I then try to open it in PS the program immediately crashes. 

I have the graphics accelerator "unchecked". Camera raw indicates it is up to date.  Windows 10 operating system. 

If I am in LR classic and open the image in PS then it will open, so the problem seems to be moving directly from camera raw to PS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem.
When I updated to PS 2018, this is what happens:

When I open a Raw file (.NEF) it opens in Camera raw. When I click on Open image, PS hangs.

But when i open bridge 2018, navigate to my file, open it in camera raw, click on open image, it opens normally in PS 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Photoshop CC 2018 and then reinstalled the program.  It seems to be working fine now.  I can open files directly in photoshop, open them from Bridge, or send them to Photoshop from Lightroom.  In all cases the images open correctly even when they go through Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried reinstalling. Not working for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

penderra​ has found a solution which has worked for me:

Re: PS 2018 Open Image hangs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will give it a shot now and see if it happens on mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine on my Wacom Cintiq Companion 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mine crashes on opening, no matter how I open an image.

I've uninstalled multiple times, with the same result.  It does open directly after reinstalling, but only for the first image.

I am using windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have disabled the graphics accelerator in Photoshop until a patch can be made. Go to Photoshop preferences, raw is last selection and turn off use graphics processor. Otherwise use the annoying bridge work around by opening camera raw in bridge, working on it and saving as a jpeg, then opening the jpeg in PS.  ~brooke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,

fyi--

I had contacted adobe support, and after a half hour, they gave up. The person I spoke with claimed that they didn't have many similar complaints. They reinstalled 2017, which works perfectly.\

I will soon have a new workstation and see what happens on that computer. If the same thing happens, will try your solution.

fred

Sent from Outlook<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.  I had to open PS before opening up Bridge in order to have PS not freeze up.  In the Camera Raw settings I disabled the graphics processor.  Now I am able to pull a file from Bridge, edit in Raw and then open in PS for additional editing.  Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue occurs now when you try to open the Camera Raw filters for an image already open in the latest version of Photoshop CC on Windows 10 machines.  The Camera Raw filters provide a lot more editing capabilities than the standard PS filters and adjustments.  Not a problem on Macbook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening up Photoshop first did not work for me.  Photoshop immediately crashed after trying to open the image from camera raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just turned off the Graphics Accelerator in Camera Raw and Photoshop and NOW the image immediately opened up in Photoshop.  It opened up the image faster than ever.  Maybe the graphics accelerator is really a deaccelerator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen the same problem on my Windows 10 machine when trying to open the Camera Raw filters from within Photoshop CC 18.  It does not happen when opening NEF files from Bridge on the same Windows machine.  This does not happen when running Photoshop CC 18, Bridge and Camera Raw on my Macbook Pro.  All my systems and apps are up to date on both machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I deleted file CameraRaw from path c:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats\Camera Raw.8bi

after this Photoshop opens any files

Win7, Vcard - AMD Radeon HD8490

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines