Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filter Criteria in the Import dialog – File Type

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

on the "Lightroom Classic CC v7.0 | October 2017" release notes (New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom Classic CC) I found this interesting line: "Filter Criteria in the Import dialog – File Type. This helps you to quickly remove certain file types if needed."

But I cannot find any filter option on the import dialog. Where is it? I can find the "sort by" in the bottom, but no filter.

I am using Lightroom Classic: 7.1 [ 1148620 ].

Thanks,

Luis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

The release notes misspoke slightly -- there's no filtering option (which would show just the files of a given type). Rather, there's a new Sort: File Type option that sorts by file type:

You can use this to accomplish the same ends.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find it either!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The release notes misspoke slightly -- there's no filtering option (which would show just the files of a given type). Rather, there's a new Sort: File Type option that sorts by file type:

You can use this to accomplish the same ends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The psot by johnrellis above should be marked as the answer. It's not ideal as a filter would be better (for me at least) but this method still allows me to import only photos from my drone SD card and ignore the videos relatively easily (the usecase for which I wanted this feature).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines