Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Needing help too many LR catalog

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am kindly asking your help.  I do not how it did happen that when I am asking to open my LR catalog I find this:

LR 01.pngLR 02.pngI would like to know how this happened, what to do, which one to keep and which one to delete.

I deeply appreciate your kind help.

Mo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get a question about upgrading the catalog each time you open Lightroom? If so, the explanation is probably as follows: in your Lightroom preferences the 'MO L R' catalog is set as the catalog to open, but this is your older pre-upgrade version. So each time you open Lightroom it upgrades this catalog and makes a copy. The first copy was called 'MO L R-2', the next one 'MO L R-3', etc.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.

1. what is the difference between Mo's LR-6 and Mo's LR-6 Previews.lrdata,

2. I would like to deep just one, so which one is safe to get rid of it?

Thank you so much,

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need both. The one is your catalog, and the other is your previews folder. If you delete it Lightroom will create another one the next time you start Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK now why the file for  MO'LR is bigger than the rest?

I would like to know which is safe to delete and which one is to keep.

Thank you all,

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We cannot answer that question for you.

You need to understand what and why you have each catalog file.

If the names are based on the version of LR that the old catalog was upgraded to, you may need only the "6" file as long as it contains all the images that the previous catalogs have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That would be one more indication that my suggestion is correct. It is an old Lr6 /CC2015 catalog. Lightroom Classic has a new catalog structure, which compresses the edit history. The result is that the same catalog upgraded to Lightroom Classic is considerably smaller.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines