Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

monitor resolution, slow photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So i bought new monitor (dell u2518d) which has bigger resolution than my laptop. Laptop has 1920x1080 (gtx 960 m) and monitor 2556x1440. So if monitor set to max resolution, photshop works very slow, a lot of lag then drawing with wacom. Can i fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

That video hit most of the problems but as he point out at the end brush setting and document size must also be reasonable. 

While he had problems making Photoshop lag again after he made the configuration changes it easy to switch back.  You need to set Photoshop preferences setting back,  configure Wacom Tablet to use ink again in Photoshop. Stop Photoshop  remove the configuration file you added to Photoshop preferences  and then restart Photoshop.

Even when you get Photoshop working well.  I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thing can cause lag.  I can easily cause Photoshop lag on the fastest machine using the minimum display size 1024x768 with a Wacom tablet or a mouse.  If you let me use a wet brush I bet a could perform a single quick stroke that would take minuets to renders on the display. This one has been running more that 5 minuets and is still not done.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its done

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even a more normal brush stroke on a document that size  zoomed to fit on screen will lag. Thes stroke took a few seconds. My machine is not the fastest and my display is 1920x1080

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This video helped me to optimize photoshop

MAKING PHOTOSHOP PAINTING FAST - Tutorial - YouTube

P.S. that mirror drawing you used, is this plugin ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That video hit most of the problems but as he point out at the end brush setting and document size must also be reasonable. 

While he had problems making Photoshop lag again after he made the configuration changes it easy to switch back.  You need to set Photoshop preferences setting back,  configure Wacom Tablet to use ink again in Photoshop. Stop Photoshop  remove the configuration file you added to Photoshop preferences  and then restart Photoshop.

Even when you get Photoshop working well.  If you create a huge document zoom all the way out so it fit on your display and use a large brush tip  with spacing set to 1% there will be lag.

There are some things he did not hit.   I find Wacom  double click distance should be turned off in Photoshop and in Windows  control panel Pen and touch I turn off flicks and press and hold. All this has been posted in the forum before.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

tųūogjlghlgh  wrote

P.S. that mirror drawing you used, is this plugin ?

Part of CC 2018

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines