• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help please Lightroom won't open

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My existing Lightroom that I've been using for years through CC with auto updates now won't open. I get this message when I try. Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 8.45.05 AM.png                                                                                                  My computer skills are novice so dumb down your answers please but help will be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

On OSX10.9 you can only update to LR6.6.1

If you installed LR6.14 as shown on your screen shot it would not be compatible.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/system-requirements.html

I think you need to uninstall and then re-install – see link below.

Start by installing the base application LR6.0 (727MB)

Then install the update patch for LR6.6.1

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you launching from an old icon in the dock?

If you have an up to date subscription launch Creative Cloud and go to the Apps tab.

Install any update available for Lightroom Classic CC (current version 7.2) and then launch from Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to the CC apps tab it says there are no updates (also doesn't launch from there) and that's where I took the attached screenshot. But looking on the attachment it looks like the Lightroom version is 6.14?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CC, click the settings icon and choose check for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unsure exactly what the settings icon is but I went to the three vertically stacked dots and clicked check for updates and it checked and said lightroom was up to date. When I hover over the lightroom logo it says version 6.0. I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On OSX10.9 you can only update to LR6.6.1

If you installed LR6.14 as shown on your screen shot it would not be compatible.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/system-requirements.html

I think you need to uninstall and then re-install – see link below.

Start by installing the base application LR6.0 (727MB)

Then install the update patch for LR6.6.1

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to update your OS to the current version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I would think so I just never have due to fear, I had read before where people had problems and I never wanted to risk it. But now that I have problems maybe it's time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - eventually you have to get up to date. Are you making Time Machine backups? Are you making Backups of Lightroom? Are your Lightroom backups on an external drive? Do you have any type of It support either through your local Apple store? If you have to do this yourself and you are fearful, take your time and do some searching on How to update your mac OS...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No not doing any of that I'm an artist I just want to make art not learn computers! Just kidding kind of, it gets frustrating though I need to hire someone to come over for one on one service I guess. It always seems with tutorials on line that something will be different in my situation and then I'm stalled, I even have two 4 terabyte external hard drives in the closet brand new I need to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you'd like more information on one-to-one Lr training direct message me here. Those 4T drives should be put to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines