• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC: Lightroom has encountered problems reading this video.

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the Lightroom CC Mobile app on my iPhone7 to move videos from my to my iMac (running High Sierra) in Lightroom Classic CC (7.2).  The video is being shot in 1080p at 60fps.  When the video is uploaded into Lightroom it does not play and the thumbnail displays a waveform (see screen shot).  When I locate the physical video on my mac it plays just fine using quicktime.

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 3.39.28 PM.png

The error message indicates Lightroom has encountered problems reading this video.

I've tried recording videos in 720hd at 30fps and 1080p at 30fps and the same issue applies.

However, when I record slo-mo (720p at 240 fps) and use the app to the sync the video from my phone to the Mac those videos display and play just fine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Most likely the videos are in the new HEVC format, which LR CC supports but LR 7 does not. You can tell your iPhone to record in the compatible MP4 format by checking the option Settings > Camera > Formats > Most Compatible.

Also, please add your constructive opinion to this feature request in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom Classic: Please support HEVC (H.265) video support | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Be sure to click Vote in the upper-right corner. That will make it mor

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely the videos are in the new HEVC format, which LR CC supports but LR 7 does not. You can tell your iPhone to record in the compatible MP4 format by checking the option Settings > Camera > Formats > Most Compatible.

Also, please add your constructive opinion to this feature request in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom Classic: Please support HEVC (H.265) video support | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Be sure to click Vote in the upper-right corner. That will make it more likely Adobe will prioritize the feature, and you'll be notified when they implement it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you johnrellis​ that did the trick!  Appreciate the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines