• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

external hard drove

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is not recognizing my external hard drive where I have my photos and my LR catalog.  The computer itself shows that.the external drive is active.

Therefore LR is showing the catalog and files as being on my backup hard drive and showing ???? marks for the drive and for all images.

Thank you for any help.

Kay Gundlach

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Therefore LR is showing the catalog and files as being on my backup hard drive and showing ???? marks for the drive and for all images.

So it doesn't matter if the OS can see the drive, something has changed to indicate that the drive now has a different drive letter (Windows) or drive name (Mac) than Lightroom is expecting it to have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right-click on your highest level folder with a question mark and choose Find Missing Folder. Navigate to where this folder is on the drive and select it to tell LR where it is.

If you're on Windows and the drive letter changed, you can set a permanent drive letter. For instructions, Google "how to set permanent drive letter in Windows (your version)".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines