• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right & Left Arrow Keys Not Working

Participant ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Mac running Sierra and LR Classic CC  6.14 [ 1149743 ].  The keyboard is a standard issue Apple wireless keyboard.  I reset the Preferences file but R & L arrow keys don't work but the Up & Down ones do.  If I open a Word file, all 4 arrow keys work so I know it must be a LR problem.  To further muddy the waters, all of the arrow keys work in LR with my wired USB Apple keyboard.  I don't want to use it since the "O" key doesn't work.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't anything in Lightroom to configure the keyboard. Since there will be no more updates for Lightroom 6, it seems to me that you'll have to assume it's a problem with the keyboard or with your operating system. I don't know of anything you can do in Lightroom that will change the behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a different character printed on the L & R arrow keys along with the arrows. If there is that is tell you it has a Dual Function and to activate the Dual function for one of those you have to also hold down the Fn key.

This is a Setting in the OS or in some keyboard software to change the function from secondary to primary or the other way around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is only one symbol (arrow) printed on those keys.  All the arrows worked in LR5 so it must be some idiosyncrasy with LR6.  I had to upgrade my OS in order to install LR 6 so maybe it's a problem with the LR6/Sierra combination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines