• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to open RAW files from a Canon 5d mark II in CS6

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently purchased a new canon 5D mark II and need to update my PS6 camera raw plugin. I have downloaded the ZipFile Camera Raw 9.1.1 installer.

But I am still unable to open up my RAW files.

I believe the only work around was to download the DNG converter and convert all the RAW files.

I have downloaded and updated all new plug in and updates for CS6 and it still wont open the RAW files from the Canon 5d Mark II.

I have a MacOs Sierra- 10.12.6

Do I have admit defeat and use the DNG converter? Camera Raw doesn't save the Raw edits when opening the DNG unlike a CR2 file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

That explains why cs6 won't open the files.

The Canon 5D mark IV requires at least camera raw 9.7, which photoshop cs6 is not compatible with.

For that camera you need the adobe dng converter to convert the cr2s to dng copies which photoshop cs6 and camera raw 9.1.1 can open.

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 10.2

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of the plug-in is actually installed? Your camera was supported from ACR5.2

Click the menu (top-left)

Photoshop >> About Plug-ins >> Camera Raw

Press Esc to close the pop-up

If you do need to use the DNG route, an XMP sidecar is not required; the settings are saved in the file header. Simply press Cmd+S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACR 9.1.1 Should open Canon 5D mk II CR2 raw

Capture.jpg

Canon

Camera

Raw image filename extension

Minimum Camera Raw plug-in version required

Minimum Lightroom CC version requiredMinimum Lightroom Classic CC version requiredMinimum Lightroom Perpetual version required
EOS 5DCR23.31.01.01.0
EOS 5D Mark IICR25.21.02.22.2
EOS-5D Mark IIICR27.11.04.14.1
EOS-5D Mark IV (** see note)CR29.71.02015.76.7
EOS 5DSCR29.01.02015.06.0
EOS 5DS RCR29.01.02015.06.0

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Terri, ps6 says I have 9.1.1

Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 8.20.17 pm.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-19 at 8.21.36 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your CR2 files should open as you have the 9.1.1 plug-in installed.

Try a test. Shoot a few new photos. Copy them to pictures and open them directly in Photoshop without using any other software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 99jon​,

still have nothing. This message pops up when opening straight from folder,

Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 9.53.04 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm that is strange. Do you have Canon Digital Photo Professional installed or on the EOS utility disk with the camera.

Check that the CR2 files work in DPP. That would eliminate file corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to open your Canon 5dD Mk II Raw file in ACR from Adobe Bridge to get Photoshop out of the path.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you have a 5D mark II?

That's a pretty old camera to actually find one new or do you you mean used, but new to you?

It sounds as though you more likely might have a Canon EOS-5D Mark IV, which is the current 5D Mark model canon is selling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

sorry yes it is a mark IV.

Is CS6 not compatible to open these raw files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That explains why cs6 won't open the files.

The Canon 5D mark IV requires at least camera raw 9.7, which photoshop cs6 is not compatible with.

For that camera you need the adobe dng converter to convert the cr2s to dng copies which photoshop cs6 and camera raw 9.1.1 can open.

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 10.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You Jeff!

It it is good it finally have an answer as to why the files werent opening.

I have been using the DNG converter in the intrim and it is working fine with Raw, so I will stick with using that workflow for now until I am ready to upgrade to CC.

Thank you all for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is good that you now know what model camers you have

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read the note ACR can not process all 5D Mk IV raw files .  You need to use DPP first for  Dual Pixel RAW save Tiff and then ACR can open the Tiff file.

Working with Canon Dual Pixel raw CR2 files in Camera Raw and Lightroom

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines