• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove reflections when shooting through a window

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot real estate. And sometimes I have to shoot through glass. When I process the image I get a ghost image of myself shooting the picture. How do I avoid that and how do I correct that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try using polarising filters when shooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the lens close to the glass.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

A good quality polarising filter correctly set will help a lot when you can't get close enough to the glass to miss your own reflection.

Of course you could also use a tripod and walk away, using either delay or a remote release.

Most architectural photographers use tilt/shift lenses to achieve this (shift [slide not tilt] is the feature needed in this case). When working as an ad. photographer I'd do this often using a 4x 5 plate camera, but now 35mm SLR camera lenses lenses are  available to professionals shooting buildings

- I write "professionals" as they are not cheap.

Here's a canon piece

EF Tilt-Shift Lenses - Lenses - Camera & Photo lenses - Canon UK

Here's some tips

What is Tilt-Shift? (Feat. Canon TSE 17mm f/4) - YouTube

I hope this helps

if so, please do mark my reply as "helpful" and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct" below, so others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can get the lens fairly close to the glass, take a piece of black cloth and tape or hold it against the window and allow it to hang down over the top of the lens.   This is the usual answer for photographing from places like the observation deck on the 73rd floor of the Columbia Tower building in Seattle.  Many a great shot has been ruined up there from reflections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No photographer should ever be without a polarizer:

pola.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines