• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

no preview while opening psd file

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a problem a. I had photoshop cc 2018, but when I want to open a psd I worked on. It only appear as blue thumbnail, no preview on the  window when I clic on it. I had cs6 before and never had this problem. Could you help me please. I choose "always save" in image preview and I work with window 7. thanks..^^"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Hi

Windows 7 will not show a preview for PSD files, you will either need to use Adobe Bridge or something like this

FastStone Image Viewer - Powerful and Intuitive Photo Viewer, Editor and Batch Converter

Or this

SageThumbs 2.0.0.23 [CherubicSoft]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows requires a third party "codec" to be installed in order to display PSD thumbnails.

Sagethumbs is a free one. SageThumbs 2.0.0.23 [CherubicSoft]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Windows 7 will not show a preview for PSD files, you will either need to use Adobe Bridge or something like this

FastStone Image Viewer - Powerful and Intuitive Photo Viewer, Editor and Batch Converter

Or this

SageThumbs 2.0.0.23 [CherubicSoft]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 may be the culprit for the CC versions, but I have an old copy of CS5 Extended, and on Windows 7 I have a preview of the selected image at the bottom of my Open screen. I have no other software installed, Sagethumbs, etc. Updated to CC and Photoshop 2018 won't show preview. Not having this valuable feature built in to PS CC2018 is a bit of a letdown by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to CC and I'm having the same issue.  When I go to select which files to open in Photoshop CC, the thumbnail doesn't show at the bottom of my screen anymore, so I can't see where one set ends and another begins.  I never had this problem with CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question has been already marked as answered, and will not attract anyone to look at it. Start a new topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's also this

https://poppeman.se/pictus/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sagethumbs and pictus doesn't work. =/

I was on window 7 with cs6 and I could show the preview. So...

Bridge keep bugging with me I never used it and I don't want to pay for a thing I had before XD".

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that File Explorer is the most flexible way to navigate through your image files, but Bridge is a lot more powerful, and comes free even if you only have the Photography plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tested Pictus and it's working fine on my PC, during the install you need to select theses options

Make sure .psd and .psp are checked as they're unchecked by default

Untitled1.jpg

As you can see I can view the PSD image

Untitled2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still a problem with Windows 11. I can't even get the preview option in Photoshop's open dialog. Anybody have a solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jason Burnett 

Please read through this thread. The issue is in Windows OS, not macOS, and third-party solutions have been given. You can also post a feature request to the Microsoft forums.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines