• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC won't sync at all

Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the second time I'm posting this with no fix at all. First time I posted was a couple of months ago. Not sure why we pay for a product that has no real tech support at all. Lightroom Classic CC will not sync with Creative Cloud at all. It was working fine until the release of Lightroom CC which I tried for 2 days and deleted. Since then I haven't been able to get anything to sync. I have photos on Lightroom Mobile that won't sync to my Macbook and I have photos on my Macbook which won't sync with anything. I've got sync'd collections which no longer work. When I create a new sync'd collection and add photos, nothing happens.

I'll add some screen shots:

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 7.42.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 7.42.11 PM.png

Note how the number of sync'd photographs doesn't match.

Please help this has been extremely frustrating for way too long.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

I was able to get technical support on chat after going through 4 or 5

people. Get a chat window open with an account issue then ask for Lightroom

tech support until you get the right person. I recommend copy pasting the

issue as you might have to go through the same steps several times. Once

you get the right person they can remote control your computer and fix the

issue. For me it was a specific image file that was causing sync to fail

but I never would have found it. He had it fixed in about 5 minu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Seamus,

Have you tried the basics, like signing out of Lightroom and then signing back in?

What do you see when you go to lightroom.adobe.com and sign in to look at your sunced photographs?

For Lightroom Mobile, what device are you using, and what version of LR CC Mobile (hopefully the latest)?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this issue. Nothing is syncing on my secondary computer. Everything is fine on LR web portal, but it will not complete the syncing process on the secondary PC. The usual fix of deleting and having LR rebuild the Sync.lrdata files doesn't work anymore. I have spent countless work hours trying to get this fixed and am unable to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get technical support on chat after going through 4 or 5

people. Get a chat window open with an account issue then ask for Lightroom

tech support until you get the right person. I recommend copy pasting the

issue as you might have to go through the same steps several times. Once

you get the right person they can remote control your computer and fix the

issue. For me it was a specific image file that was causing sync to fail

but I never would have found it. He had it fixed in about 5 minutes and

it's been working ever since. Took 6 months to her this resolved but has

saved my passion for photography.. I was quite lost without my workflow

hah..

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018, 11:23 AM johnm79843573, <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly what happened with mine, however the image they told me to delete did not resolve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you had LRCC, did you "migrate" from your previous catalogue? "Migrate" is a specific term used in LRCC. If you had run it, it would prevent you syncing your catalogue again.

In your web browser go to Lightroom Web. How many photos does it show? Create a new collection in Classic and sync it - is it shown in Lightroom Web?

In that Preferences screen, hold down Alt/Opt and you should get a message about rebuilding the local sync data file. Try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot sync!!!!! suddenly it stoped working, and i need it on everyday basis!!!! Can anyone help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  As of yesterday it totally stopped syncing.  I tried logging in an out, deleting the app on my iPad, reinstalling and rebuilding the sync and still nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar problems. It is not a space issue however it keeps on saying that sync has stopped due to a duplicate catalog. Should I like to choose the catalog then i need to resart and enable sync. There is no enable sync option. I have tried looking everywhere. I made a new folder and choose this folder in the preferences and still it did not work. I reinstalled LR CCC and renamed the catalogs. But I having the same problems. Please help!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean that the number of synced images doesn't match? Your screen capture shows that you have 943 images synced. Are you expecting all of the photos in your catalog to sync? It doesn't work that way. If you want images that reside on your hard drive, which are part of your Lr Classic catalog to sync, you have to put them in collections and sync the collections. We can't see from your screen capture what your collections look like. Here's a video I recorded that explains this. The video was recorded before Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic became two different apps, but the method for syncing hasn't really changed.

Lightroom Classic Mobile Sync Tutorial - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally Agree! I have the exact same problem and can get NO SUPPORT. Does anyone at Abode read these posts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I has a sync problem. The solution was to back up the catalog, and then restore it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Things you need to be aware off,

a. Lightroom Classic can only have one Catalog synced to your Creative Cloud account. If you decide to open another Catalog and sync collections from that Catalog to the cloud the previously synced smart previews in the cloud storage will be removed.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines