Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustment layer no longer working

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was using the adjustment layers pretty much constantly until one day the adjustment menu just didn't show up. I updated to CC 2018 in hopes that it would fix the issue, but no go. I must have accidentally hit a setting or something?

I can add an adjustment layer, but I can't edit it. I double click on it, right click on it, control, alt, shift click on it and nothing ever happens.

Any advice?? I'm on a Macbook

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Window > Properties

If the Properties Panel does not show up

Window > Workspace > Essential

If it still does not appear you might want to try some general trouble-shooting.

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window > Properties

If the Properties Panel does not show up

Window > Workspace > Essential

If it still does not appear you might want to try some general trouble-shooting.

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! That totally worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are any of your layer types locked out? I've had a few clients in the past who accidentally clicked one of these making that file confusing to use. Is this happening regardless of any new files you create or is it one particular file.

Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 11.17.31 AM.png

Also worth mentioning, if something got corrupted with the old version. Did you use the Adobe App Manager to remove the old application version and install the new version cleanly? Sometimes legacy prefs and other elements screw with the update. I've had to use the Adobe App Manager or a program for mac called AppZapper to make sure all resources/prefs etc are removed properly.

@lifebypixels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines