Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Security with Form Fields

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm setting up secure PDF with Form Fields that allow people to answer questions in the PDF.

I've set to allow "Commenting, filling in Form Fields etc" and UNCHECKED the box to "Allow copying of Content"

My problem occurs when I open the secured document and add some text to one of the form fields, my MAC says "The original Document cant be changed, so a copy of the original has been created".
When I save that copy and re-open, the security setting seem to have been wiped and any of the Content in the PDF can be copied.What's going wrong here and how can I prevent this from happening?
Thanks
CB

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use Apple Preview?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just double clicked the PDF file, so I suppose that opens it with

preview?

On Thu, 2 Nov 2017 at 8:10 pm, Bernd Alheit <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cameron,

Did you find your answer ? I have a similar issue, I can't open the protected file on my IOS devices...

Thanks in advance

Nicolas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello CB,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. Please refer to the following KB docs which discuss the similar issue and scenario Making an editable PDF Form non-editable (a shortcut) Link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1004168

https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/how-to-set-form-fields-to-read-only Link: https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/how-to-set-form-fields-to-read-only

Check for the latest update of Acrobat from Help>Check for updates, reboot the machine and see if this brings any difference.

If the issue is fixed and you found a solution, please do share the workaround/solution.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines