• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Lightroom Classic CC Keeps Crashing after Upgrade

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I'm using Windows 7 w/ SP1, and all system components are up to date and exceed minimum requirements. I can edit photos in L/R CC, then export to Photoshop, but can't save back to L/R.  It just locks up, generating a crash message, and has to be shut down, then restarted.  This all started when I updated to the latest version of Lightroom.  Can I just delete L/R, then re-install it?  If so, how is this done?  Also, will this adversely affect my existing pix, i.e., their color ratings, etc.?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify, are you using Lightroom CC or Lightroom Classic CC? There is a big difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom Classic CC. I've used it for app. 2 years without any issues until now. It even crashes all by itself after re-starting....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Photoshop & camera raw up to date? You can check from the apps tab in Creative Cloud.

Otherwise quit all apps and re-start your computer and try again from the LR Library.

Ctrl+E (open in PS)

Ctrl+S (save & overwrite) never use Save As

Ctrl+W to close in PS and update LR Library

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop, Lightroom, and Camera Raw are all up to date. LR will crash after about 5 minutes from start-up, whether or not I am doing anything on the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried anything to fix the issue? Uninstall and reinstall? Asking so that we can know what, if anything, you have tried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mellissa. Yes, I've uninstalled, reinstalled, all to no availe.. I've contacted Adobe Support twice, for a total of 3 hours, and still no luck. LR only runs for about 5 minutes before it crashes, and I lose all of my work...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using L/R Classic CC -- ver 7.2 with Windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried turning off GPU support in the Lightroom preferences? Another thing to try (I haven't had Windows 7 for quite a while now) would be to change the compatibility mode for Lightroom to see if that might help. If you don't know how to do that, a Google search will surely guide you in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am have the same problem as you by the sound of it with no luck on finding a solution. I have my own thread on this and have been communicating with Customer support through Twitter with "Experts" for a couple of weeks now. These "Experts" are asking me to do the same thing over and over and open New Administrator accounts on Windows and try it from there to see if there are any improvements. I have even tried my own things like move all my photo's and catalog to another drive then uninstalling the whole PS and LR software including preferences and then starting fresh with no photo's etc in LR to which it still will crash at around 5 mins. Another thing I tried was to un-sync my LR Mobile and remove all folders connecting the PC to my Phone and then clear out cache etc which I brought myself 45 mins before a crash which was short lived as it then went back to crashing at around 5 mins. I have gone back to version 7.1 for now until this problem is solved as I have wasted hours and hours trying different things. Have a look at my Thread on this and you will see I'm having the same problem, not all messages are on there as I jumped to private messages on Twitter where the "Experts" where called in to try and help. If you have any luck on finding out the cause and a solution please let me know and If I find out myself I will also do the same, Good Luck, Dave

I'm Having Problems with Lightroom Update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, this may have nothing to do with your issues, but my Lr Classic CC was crashing and running extremely slow and was unusable for several days. It seems as though when I attempted to add a graphic for my identity plate it caused Lr Classic CC to crash. I discovered this by pure luck. I removed the graphic that was not working by going to...Lightroom>Identity Plate Setup>Clearing the image and selecting OK. I have no idea why this was an issue, but I think the graphic I was using was too large for the area and Lr was constantly attempting to figure out what to do with trying to display. Not really sure why,  but clearing the identity plate stopped Lr Classic CC from crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines