Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrating from Lightroom 4 to CC

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've recently purchased Lightroom CC and am having problems migrating from Lightroom 4. I'm on a mac running High Sierra. When I point CC to the catalog to be migrated I get the following message:

Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 19.38.24.png

How exactly is this supposed to work if I don't have Lightroom 6? I've checked CC and it's updated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could install the trial version of Lightroom Classic CC. The trial will last for seven days. The first time you run the Lightroom Classic CC it will convert your catalog to be compatible with Lightroom Classic CC. This conversion process creates a new copy of your catalog, leaving the old version intact and completely compatible with Lightroom 4. It might be worth noting that you will not be able to use Lightroom CC with Lightroom 4. After you have converted your catalog you can remove Lightroom Classic CC from your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim, the help is much appreciated. I guess this laborious migration route is my comeuppance for not upgrading from Lightroom 4!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hope you have investigated Lightroom CC and understand what it is. It is quite different from Lightroom 4, and doesn't have some of the features you are accustomed to. As long as you understand that, I'm sure you'll be able to enjoy what Lightroom CC has to offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines