• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you use crop presets?

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feels like an incredibly stupid problem, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use the crop presets. I've tried clicking on them, double-clicking, hitting enter, clicking the image, right-clicking, dragging the preset name onto the image (doesn't seem to register as being dragged), creating the crop box first and then trying to add a preset (it won't let you), and clearing out the whole thing and starting over.

I'm using CS5, and I'm working with a flat JPG on which I've made manual crops, as usual. But I've got to crop it to a specific size to fit a frame, so I figured it would be easier to use the presets, which I assume give you a crop box of that size that you can then position on the image as desired.

I've found a bunch of posts about crop presets, but most are just about what they are or how to make them - none explicitly tell you how to use them. So I'm guessing it must be something super simple that I'm missing. Thanks so much for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Clarification to my question: I do see how the crop box stretches proportionally when you drag it, but what I'm wondering is whether there's a way to drop a dimensional crop box right onto the original image. This image is something I've already enlarged and resampled, and I don't how much further it can go and still look good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines