Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC Black screen, project won't open, frozen

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro CC

Whenever I try to open a .prproj in Premiere, it acts like it is opening and then it gives me a blank, black screen and will not do anything. I can't choose from any of the menus at top, it won't close or minimize. It is completely frozen. I've tried restarting my computer, opening different project files to see if it was just certain ones. At first, a few others would open, now, none of them want to open. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the program with no success. I have the latest version of Adobe Premiere Pro CC. HELP!!!

This is the screen it shows me after it starts to load a project and then doesn't:

Capture_Premiere Blank Screen.PNG

Computer system settings below:

Lenovo T450 ThinkPad

intel CORE i7

Ultrabook

Capture_Windows settings.PNG

02/19/18 6:00PM - UPDATE:

After moving Asset files to a new folder and opening a New Project, I tried opening my original project and this time it came up and shows I have media missing, but it is again frozen and will not allow me to updated the location of the files.

Capture_Premiere frozen.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Hi shaylag45954664,

Sorry for the issue. Just for a test, create a new project & import the old project file into the new project & test.

If the issue persists, reset the preferences & test: FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your video driver directly from the card manufacturer's site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi shaylag45954664,

Sorry for the issue. Just for a test, create a new project & import the old project file into the new project & test.

If the issue persists, reset the preferences & test: FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked. Thanks!! It's odd because when I uninstalled & reinstalled the program, I thought I chose not to keep my preferences. This time I reset my preferences and plug-in cache at the same time. Maybe that made the difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi shaylag45954664,

Glad it worked. Thanks for letting us know the status.

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I've been searching high and low for this fix! I'll share it with the other abandoned forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still didn't work for me. 

I tried:

- import the file into a new, empty one.

- Reset preferences

nothing worked. I still get a blank project when I open it. 

Any other workaround? I really needed this project 😞

agraciotti_0-1604775513950.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, everytime I Try loading my project, the files update to the import projects files side, but the sequence is completely gone, I spent an hour making an edit, and its just gone now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Any thoughts if the screen says "no projects "  and nothing else? just a frozen screen, no menu choices... I can see what looks like an open page behind this frozen " no projects" page hiwever any time I select it I just get the Windows chime.

ive tried opening the project through an outside file ( so Im sure it exists) but it just keeps bringing me back to the same frozen " no projects" page...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got same errors just reinstall the premire pro tust me this worked for me try this!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines