• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC Forms - Scaling font in text field

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using Acrobat Pro DC and have created a form. I want to create a text field where the text scales to fit the text box, however when I change the font size to 'Auto' in the 'Appearance' of the 'Text Field Properties' the font reverts to 12pt. Does anyone know why the text isn't scaling to fill the text box?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also the text frame needs to be multi-line

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're setting it as Auto but it appears to be 12pt, or does it actually change to "12" in the Properties window?

To set it as Multiline go to Properties - Options and tick that box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying. The text appears to be 12pt. When I set the text field to be multi line and auto size it appears to be 12pt. When I set the text field as single line and auto then the text scales to fill the text frame. I need the text to be able to be on multiple lines and scale to fill the text frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't have it both ways. If the field is set as Multiline and as having Auto font size then the default value size will be around 12pt. It will change itself when you insert additional text, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Seems to me like something that it'd be great if Acrobat can do better in the future.

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines