Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep getting current document msg

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello fellow Adobe users.

Every time i open or close a photo I keep getting a message that reads, 'The object "current document" is currently not available.' It also reappears 3-5 times before or after every photo i open or close.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the program, updates haven't fixed the issue either. it doesn't hinder the performance of the program or editing photo. just a nuisance.

Has anyone ever come across this and how do you fix it?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

There may be a start application event set up.  Check your Script Event manager....

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be that something is being run after some event has occurred and the process  is running when Photoshop is switching between document and there is currently no active document.  CS6 before any update had problems interlocking problems  so some actions and  script that process multiple document often failed because a step required there to be an active document but the document switch had not completed. What version of Photoshop are you running and what level is it at? If there is a close even handler there may not be a current document the event handler is run. You need to find out what is failing when Photoshop displaye the message. The may be a start application event set up

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Photoshop CC 2018, version 19.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check to see if there are any Script event handlers set up.  I there is a Start Application event handler, If the handler tries to use a Photoshop feature that requires an open document it will fail like that unless it first added a document into Photoshop.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was it! Cleared log in the Script Event Manager and no more pop-up.

Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be a start application event set up.  Check your Script Event manager....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines