• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Do This Using Photosop

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

under-pressure-deluxe.jpgHow hard would it be to take a self portrait and make something similar to this in Photoshop, not necessarily the background but just the face? Are there any tutorials that would be helpful with this task?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Considering that it has colors all over the place you'd be hard-pressed to find any automatic technique that can convert arbitrary images and make them look that way. At best I could imagine some texture overlays based on brush patterns or fractal Noises, but you'd still have to do quite a bit of manual painting and masking plus the necessary pre-processing of the image to bring out the highlights and contours.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considering that it has colors all over the place you'd be hard-pressed to find any automatic technique that can convert arbitrary images and make them look that way. At best I could imagine some texture overlays based on brush patterns or fractal Noises, but you'd still have to do quite a bit of manual painting and masking plus the necessary pre-processing of the image to bring out the highlights and contours.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Mylenium... there is no easy method to recreate this. It is a hand painted digital illustration by Sam Spratt, who uses custom brushes and builds the image up in layers like a traditional oil or acrylic painting. You might be able to recreate some sense of the brushstrokes by searching for tutorials on Photoshop oil paint effects, but you would still have to do a lot of manual adjustments, and it wouldn't really capture the lushness of what you're emulating. Sorry... wish I had a better quick fix answer for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines