• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help troubleshooting the Imagery/Nextgen plugin for LightRoom

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even know if this is a Lightroom issue, a NextGen plugin issue, or an issue with my FTP account.  I've installed the NextGen plugin, I've set it up by inputting my WordPress and Cyberduck FTP credentials. When I click on the "publish" button, LightRoom/the NextGen plugin goes through the motions of publishing my photos, but at the very end of the process, I get this message box: An error occurred while processing "Still Life Photos". "Authentication Failed". Any help with this would be amazing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, but I don't think this is a Adobe Lightroom issue. It seems to be more of an Imagely plugin issue. Did you try posting a support issue on the Imagely support site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this too. I've worked with it extensively trying to make it work, checking & double checking login details, setting up dummy wordpress sites both locally and on remote servers.

I've submitted support requests but the best I seem to be able to get from Imagely is a link to the troubleshooting page, which is of no help whatsoever. My conclusion is that it's broken.

I now have a working, if primitive, publish plugin of my own that publishes at twice the speed of the Imagely one, is easier to set up and fixes some shortcomings of the Imagely plugin. I'm working on the logistics of making it available. I should know more in a week or so when I've thoroughly tested it.

To date, I'm not that impressed with Imagely's support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have reached to Imagely as well and they basically copy and pasted some generic response back to me. Most of the items they mentioned I had already checked and indicated in the initial email. I have yet to get a follow-up response.

I would be happy to test out any alpha/beta versions of your plugin. I am a developer by profession, so I would be happy to help in anyway I can. Just not well-versed in Lua unfortunately.

-Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just figuring out Lua compiling. I'll make something available once I'm there. KYP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you'd like to give it a crack, Ngg++: A Lightroom Publishing Service for NextGen Galleries. | Buggering About in a Small Land

I've been using it for a week or so and, other than one oddity that's proving stubborn, it's working well. That said, there's a lot of ifs and buts in the release pipeline. In particular, it's not been tested on Windows, Mac only. Although I've looked fairly carefully for platform gotchas, it's still untried.

It's currently twice as fast as the Imagely plugin and 3 times faster than the AlloyPhoto one.

Let me know how you get on, shout about problems. And good luck.

K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines