• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic cc

Participant ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am fairly new to lightroom classic cc so please bear with me on a simple question.

If I want to download  a folder from My pictures (example Family pics 2018) I only seem to get the option when  I use the Import button to import to My catalogue.

I want to import to a named folder not to the catalogue section.

How do I do it please ?

(windows 7pro and 21000 pics since 1998 in my pictures )

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

You might find Victoria Bampton's FREE ebook very helpful:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/quickstart/

Be sure to select: Lightroom Classic CC Quick Start eBook.

Laura Shoe also have very helpful tutorials:  Lightroom and Photoshop Tutorials, Tips and Training by Laura Shoe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi duchymandevon,

I hope you aware that Lightroom catalog doesn't store your images, it only captures the smart preview of the image and imports it into Lightroom catalog. You can edit that preview as per your choice and export it out from Lightroom for any other purpose.

You can import the images into the same structure in Lightroom the way you have them saved locally on your machine. Please refer the below tutorial to know how to manage images in Lightroom catalog.

How to manage photos within folders in Lightroom Classic CC

Easily import photos |

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mohit , staff.

I will study some more.

(I am importing photographs from scanner and camera ok)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

duchymandevon  wrote

I want to import to a named folder not to the catalogue section.

All images you import will be in the catalog, but you can click on folders in the Folders panel to display images from that folder.

This article should help you understand how Lightroom works:

Lightroom basics

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Mohit%20Goyal wrote:

I hope you aware that Lightroom catalog doesn't store your images, it only captures the smart preview of the image and imports it into Lightroom catalog. You can edit that preview as per your choice and export it out from Lightroom for any other purpose.

Smart previews can be created optionally when importing, and are used for editing if the originals are offline/not available.

The normal procedure is not to create smart previews, and work with regular previews.

When exporting, the edits are applied to a rendered version of the raw file (a new file), leaving the original raw file untouched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Berntsen, I am gradually finding my way round the Adobe products.  Graduated from PSP since version 6 20 years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the links and I particularly enjoyed looking at the landscape photographs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might find Victoria Bampton's FREE ebook very helpful:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/quickstart/

Be sure to select: Lightroom Classic CC Quick Start eBook.

Laura Shoe also have very helpful tutorials:  Lightroom and Photoshop Tutorials, Tips and Training by Laura Shoe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines