• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lock position smart layer in spherical panorama 360

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently i'm working in a spherical 360 image in photoshop where i'm replacing the floor in a room. Now i've done this a couple of times where i was able to "merge down" the layers so they are incorporated correctly into the original panorama and stay in position when changing the 3D position.

Now the next step for me would be to create a "smart layer" tile, so i'am able to swap the tile-image for a different one by simple relinking the smart layer to a different tile with the same dimensions. Now the problem is that i can't find a way to lock the position of the smart layer into the 360 panorama and still be able to change the 3D position without merging down first (and losing my smart layer). Is there a way to lock the position a smart layer in a spherical panorama and still be able too change the 3D position WITHOUT losing the smart layer so i can relink the tile-image to a different tile?

Any type of help is welcome!

Thank you for your time

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

If the Layer mask you use is always the same for example a circle with feathered circumference. In your template you may be able to create a layer like that and place in you floor replacement above that layer.  Then clip it to that layer so it acts as a clipping mask. If the Template  PSD file Has a Smart object layer for the floor image you can just mask that layer in the template. The Action should not save the populated template it should just 3d export the 360 pano then close the template do

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If saving a Layer version as a PSD file not a 360 pano. Where the 3D layer is positioned to the floor view is not a good template. Where you can replace the smart object layer object merge down then do a 3d 360 pano export.   You may able to record an interactive action that start with and interactive 3d 360 pano import.  Rotate the 3d layer to the floor view and place in a floor tile replacement  the correct size merge down and 3d export a 360 pano.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for you response! I've done some testing with actions today and there are still some hick ups within the process. I was however able to create a some great results by recording 2 actions, instead of 1.

The first action is the one with the smart object creating the actual floor. The second action i recorded functioned as a layer mask (which i wasn't able to create in the first action because of the merging down) and helped me to make the edges with furniture, walls etc. look smooth. I used the original image to create a "template" layer mask and the action to process the mask on the panorama export which i created with the first action. 

It probably needs some more try and error but nevertheless this was a big step. Thank you again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Layer mask you use is always the same for example a circle with feathered circumference. In your template you may be able to create a layer like that and place in you floor replacement above that layer.  Then clip it to that layer so it acts as a clipping mask. If the Template  PSD file Has a Smart object layer for the floor image you can just mask that layer in the template. The Action should not save the populated template it should just 3d export the 360 pano then close the template document without saving the added layer or changed smart object layer.   Basically the Action would open your template files have an Interactive  Place or replace smart object content step to allow you to select the floor replacement file.  To add or replace the contents of the smart object that is  masked or clip the new smart object layer to the clipping mask layer. The action would then have an interaction 3d export 360 pano step so you can name the output pano file.  Then the action would close the template document without saving it. 

If instead of an action you scripted the process the script could automatically name the output pano with a file name like "Template-Name-Floor-Name"  Scripts can use logic to do thing like name output files.  

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The biggest problem i'm currently experiencing is that when i play the action, at a certain point the placement of the floor is off resulting in a useless final product. I tried to see if there was anything odd in the recording process but everything seems to be okay. Any idea what it could be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without your mock, replacement floor samples and you action I can not add any other suggestion.   Other then Single step throug the action see where the alignment get bad you may see why and be able to edit the action to add an alignment step or two.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines