• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep Selected tool as default Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this problem for some time now (probably more than a year). Whenever I open a PDF, Acrobat has the hand tool as the default instead of the select tool. I know I can manually switch. I know I can use the keyboard shortcut "v". I have tried about every solution on the internet, including deselecting a host of settings, editing the preferences, and uninstalling and reinstalling. None of this works. A quick Google search shows that hundreds of people have had the exact same problem for years (at least since 2009). One search even showed up with an Adobe rep saying it was a problem they were working on.

So is there any confirmation of this incredibly annoying behavior by Adobe? I don't think I have used the hand tool once in a decade of Acrobat use. I don't want it to be the default. Ever. I just want the software to do what it claims - that is, to save my preferences. Is there a registry edit that will fix this? Or a manual edit of an Acrobat preference file (not the UI)?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Really sorry for this issue you're facing. We are not able to reproduce this issue at our end. Hand Tool/Cursor tool should be sticky. Could you please provide us with the following information so that we can try reproducing it at our end

1) Which OS are you using.

2) What is the Version of Acrobat you're using. Steps to know Acrobat/Reader version:

Win: Go to Help menu -> About Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.   A window would pop up containing version number. You may send us snapshot of the pop up window.

Mac: Go to Acrobat menu -> About Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.   A window would pop up containing version number. You may send us snapshot of the pop up window.

You can send the above information to me at [Moderator: personal information removed (can send a private message:How Do I Send Private Message )]

Thanks & Regards,

Paramjeet Yadav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having the same issue 

i have changed it in Prefrences but it still starts off with the hand tool and not the slect tool 

this is driving me crazy - please help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Often, the right answer comes from abandoning the wrong question.
In Preferences, you can ask the Hand tool (default tool) to behave like the selection tool.

Capture_2311152002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines