Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop advice

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm afraid i'm a complete newby to Photoshop so please go easy on me; especially if I sound dim.

I purchased Photoshop CC today and after roughly 10 hours of tutorials and websites I have finally managed to put one image on top of another (try not to shake your heads) I am now wanting to put a hole in the side of the horse so that I can see the sky through it. Is this doable please?  If so, can someone point me in the right direction? I'd appreciate answers in layman terms - Thanks 1MAINFriesian-Stallion-ZG-Stand-2 copy.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

If the horse is not on a separate layer, make a round selection (as my previous post) of the sky.

Right click on the selection and click Layer Via Copy.

Select the new layer and move the selection to the desired location on the horse.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the horse is on a separate layer than the sky, highlight the horse layer.

Use the elliptical selection tool at a fixed size or a fixed ratio (1:1) to make a round selection.

Select > Transform to adjust the selection's size and move the selection to the desired location and press Enter.

Click Delete and the sky will show through the circle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness!! You, Peru Bob, are a wonder! Thank you so very much. I can now finally go to sleep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the horse is not on a separate layer, make a round selection (as my previous post) of the sky.

Right click on the selection and click Layer Via Copy.

Select the new layer and move the selection to the desired location on the horse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines