I am trying to start a workflow via a rest call

{{base_api_url}}{{api_version}}workflows/{{workflowId}}/agreements

with the minimal requirments like

{

"documentCreationInfo": {

"fileInfos": [

{

"name": "[DEMO USE ONLY] Disclaimer",

"workflowLibraryDocumentId": "3AAABLblqZhDaZYAALm66_cvqNPonPiFmYIKQK3Ez4-iBRIFiLmZYS0kf5FsXkg9IA7pniNZsafq_R9LCajE3e4bAgN0MVZxJ"

}

],

"name": "566931d2ca32f2d17dabce4cae7e1fd4",

"recipientsListInfo": [

{

"name": "User",

"recipients": [

{

"email": "smo-test@test.com"

}

]

}

]

}

}

But I am retrieving a Server error

{

"code": "MISSING_REQUIRED_TO_FIELD",

"message": "Required ToField tos is missing"

}

What does this error message means? Didn't find any To field in the full description of the request Body.

I have created a simple workflow with one document and signer.

Do I have to create an transient Document before or is this created via the workflow request?

If I run the workflow via the Website it works fine.

Thanks for any hints

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Did you manage to solve this issue?

I'm getting the same error MISSING_REQUIRED_TO_FIELD but on the same call with the same parameters, I get INVALID_WORKFLOW_ID sometimes.

It seems like a very generic error and it doesn't give you a hint in any direction for where you should look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I think MISSING_REQUIRED_TO_FIELD will redirect most of the users to this unanswered question I will post the answer here.

After contacting the support guys from Adobe I found out that you have to actually fill in the email fields from the workflow page, Recipients tab to avoid this error, even though it's not stated there that you should fill them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have created a workflow and attached shared document library(with form fields to populate). If I need to kick this workflow using RESTAPI, how can I start the workflow. How I can find out Workflow ID from my account(personal adobe account). If I need to call this API, {{base_api_url}}{{api_version}}workflows/{{workflowId}}/agreements - How to find out workflow ID from my account. I do not see any property and also whether I can start the workflow from REST API when I have personal account or only enterprise account is allowed? I also created an application in my account, How I can link workflow under this application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines