• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Home Position, Keyframes, or Data Export?

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to set a puppet pose as a home position to return to after a sequence? As an interactive developer I'm looking for a way to play animation more procedurally. The ability to export data would be awesome. I'd love to play a certain animation based on a condition and then return home to achieve a seamless transition.

I saw the pose to pose feature, but I'm not sure that addresses the issue. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it was a different puppet per sequence, you could make the default positions of the artwork the starting point - but I assume you want multiple sequences from the same artwork.

I would suggest looking at blends and single frame takes. You can do say a single frame take (CTRL-1) and fudge keyframing using blends. But if you had a single keyframe take at the start, you could then duplicate it and drag it to the end (or one frame past the end of the duration of the take).

By blends, I mean you can do several one frame takes, then extend each one by dragging on the edges (if you zoom in close enough). You can then use the “blend” capability to go from one X/Y/scale value to the next. Sort of like poor man’s key framing.

But I don’t know of a generic feature to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines