• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raw photos appear edited after being loaded in the develop module (first time using lightroom so no presets or settings have been changed)

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after importing my RAW files to lightroom, ensuring that the develop settings have been set to 'none'. When I then go to click on a photo in the develop module it seems to show the RAW image first then after a couple of seconds loading the image appears to have been edited slightly (saturation, contrast etc).

What do I need to do/ check so that i'm only seeing the original RAW photo after the image has loaded?

Any help is appreciated. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whenever raw images are imported to Lightroom the JPEG preview that is part of every raw image is first displayed while Lightroom builds a preview of the raw image data. There are default settings that are applied to the raw images after the raw preview is built. You can change those default settings if you prefer, creating your own defaults. Adjust the image to how you want it to appear when it's first imported, and then save new camera defaults. Or, you can create presets that you can apply during import or after you have imported the images. A raw image with absolutely no adjustments made to it will look flat or dull and will require a lot of extra work from you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines