• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D Modelling apps?

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if there were any of the creative cloud applications that would be ideal to create custom 3D models, such as a spherical object with a sort of inwards bump (not sure how to word it), if so are there any tutorials as such.

This is all to import a "fictional" object into photoshop like a ship, etc.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try adobe fuse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think fuse is, more for product creation, not really for certain fictional objects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, i mean characters, but still - not really fictional objects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know what your looking for but try using google to search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you think i decided to use this forum? Anyone who doesn't search for the answer online first is just a bit

IF anyone is there willing to help: The sort of thing/method that i am looking for is that which can create an .obj file - to import into photoshop or after effects etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not exactly Photoshop though. Oh my god, why are people so ignorant now.

Please read what i am saying BEFORE putting my question into an IRRELEVANT subsection of the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for an APPLICATION. NOT exactly something in photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does say this in THE NAME OF THE POST, if you would be kind enough to read that as well, before giving hopeless information and, as said earlier, moving this into an irrelevant subsection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe applications such as Dimensions rely on pre-made models. Photoshop has limited extrusion modelling but for proper modelling you need to look outside of Adobe CC.

Try Blender - it is free , very powerful, and you can texture and render inside it - or bring the models out in various formats (including obj) to use and render in other applications.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe doesn't have what you are looking for. As Dave mentioned Blender is a free modeling app that will do what you need. Looks like Adobe is heading in that direction, just not there yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, Blender is a great 3d app, and very, very powerful. Loads of interesting free add-ons as well, such as ManuelbastioniLAB to quickly create humans.

Designers generally find that Cinema4d is easy to get into - the Lite version is part of After Effects, but it won't export 3d models. Purchasing a C4D license is quite expensive.

Blender is all you need for great modeling - many tutorials online.

https://cgcookie.com/flow/introduction-to-blender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe dimensions is perfect for doing shapes. but they are pre-made. you can adjust the skin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JonathanArias  wrote

adobe dimensions is perfect for doing shapes. but they are pre-made. you can adjust the skin.

...which means Adobe Dimensions is completely useless for actual 3d model creation. It's a V-ray based 3d render app for absolute beginners and designers who get their models from outside sources to produce nice renders of those models.

But not useful for creating your own custom 3d content.

Come to think of it, Sketchup might also be an option for the OP. Easier to get into than Blender.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines