• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changes in Camera Raw does not apply in Phtoshop (or Bridge)

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest versions of CR and PS, updatetd yesterday, my OS is Windows 10 pro. My problem ist that changes i make to images in CR does not appear in PS (or in Bridge). Can anyone help me with this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

This is probably caused by a defective monitor profile.

Windows 10 is known to install low quality/defective profiles when doing updates.

Try setting the monitor profile to sRGB (Adobe RGB if you have a wide gamut monitor)

If this fixes the issue, you should ideally calibrate your monitor with a hardware calibrator.

Go to Control panel > Color management.

Add the sRGB profile, the set it as default.

Make sure that Use my settings for this device is checked.

You will need to restart Photoshop for the ch

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi janb6440948,

As you've mentioned that you are opening an image in Camera raw, do edits on it, Click "Done" and then you do not see changes made in Photoshop or Bridge. Is that correct?

Note that pressing the option "Done" is important to let the changes save and apply to the image,

Also, share your Bridge, Photoshop and Camera raw version you have.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Yes that is correct, i edit images in CR but I can not see the changes in PS or Bridge. I can see some changes for example exposure but that is about it. My versions are: PS 19.1.1, CR 10.2.985, BR 8.0.1.282 x64. Also see the the attached images.

image_CR.JPG  image_PS.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably caused by a defective monitor profile.

Windows 10 is known to install low quality/defective profiles when doing updates.

Try setting the monitor profile to sRGB (Adobe RGB if you have a wide gamut monitor)

If this fixes the issue, you should ideally calibrate your monitor with a hardware calibrator.

Go to Control panel > Color management.

Add the sRGB profile, the set it as default.

Make sure that Use my settings for this device is checked.

You will need to restart Photoshop for the change to take effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adjusting the monitor profile to srgb did the trick. Somehow i doesent seem to work with Adobe RGB even though I have it on my monitor (EIZO CS2730). Also the profile from my calibration tool (i1) gives a difference between CR and PS. So now i am not sure what to do. Srgb gives identical images from CR to PS but are the colors correct? Have to keep on testing. Thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try recalibrating, making sure to create a version 2 (not version 4), matrix based profile.

If you are using Eizo's Color Navigator, matrix based is called "gamma value" under Tone curve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines