• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

make a copy of a signed form without the signature

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a form, sent out and it was signed. I would like to make a copy of it without the signature, edit some fields, then send out for signature again. Is there a way to make a copy of a signed form? In Acrobat Pro File menu, I see only Save As (which keeps it not editable) but do not see Save a Copy.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to invalidate the signature first. Right-click it and select Invalidate (or Clear) Signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I right-click on the signature, I get menu items for the link and no option for Invalidate or Clear signature in Acrobat Pro DC. Is this another Acrobat app?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was it signed using a Digital Signature field, or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signed using digital signature I believe. The link takes be to a transaction number and that it’s valid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The comment that there is a link to a transaction number leads me to believe you are using Adobe Sign. You can't easily clear a digital signature because you can't remove the link to the transaction, and because what you have is only a copy of the "master" that is kept by Adobe Sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signed using digital signature I believe. The link takes be to a transaction number and that it’s valid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I see when I right-click a Digital Signature field I signed:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah the scenario is slightly different. I am the author of the document. I sent it to personA to sign. PersonA signed it and that's good. But on an ongoing basis, I need personA to "re-confirm" information they entered. So I want to keep the 1st form signed as is, but want to make a copy, clear the signature, but keep the other information personA entered for them to re-confirm and sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be able to invalidate their signature, but I'm not 100% sure

about that. Try it through the Signatures panel on the left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only the person who signed can clear the signature field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So how can we copy the pdf and redo one just like the signed copy, but without the signature?  Is this possible to eliminate refilling out the form again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines