Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows Ink Enabled = Delayed Reactions and Reverted Numbers

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

First of all, I realise this is quite a widespread problem and I've tried the top fixes I've been able to find by Googling, by just wanted to give my version of events to see if anyone had any ideas.

The problem I have is when Windows Ink is enabled is that in Photoshop if I slide opacity/flow etc it reverts back to whatever it was as soon as I lift my pen and in Lightroom, the sliders have a delayed reaction. If I disabled Windows Ink it fixes the problem, but I lose pen functionality and might as well be using a mouse. Here's are two videos demonstrating my issue:

huion-ps.mp4 - Google Drive 

huion-lr.mp4 - Google Drive

I have tried all the regular things;

- Contacting Huion (they insist it's either me or the application, and had me reinstall the driver 4 times)

- Reinstalling/updating drivers

- Updating WinTab

- The PSUserConfig.txt workaround (didn't work for me at all)

Here's my system/setup:

Tablet: Huion New 1060 (8192)

Tablet Driver: 13.15.16.180104

Photoshop: CC 2018 / 19.0

Lightroom: CC 2018 Classic / 7.1

Anything else you need to know or any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It you are trying to yse WinTab API With Pgotoshop CC 2018 you nee to sadd a file to yoy Photoshop preferences. I do not usr Lightroom I can not help you there

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned I had tried that workaround and that did not work for me. Thank you for your input though.

Huion have just emailed me the following (verbatim) if it is any use to anyone:

"To be honest, even Wacom also cannot achieve the pen pressure sensitivity without slecting "windows ink" in the PS CC2017 in Windows10.If you want to achive pen pressure without selecting "windows ink" ,it is impossible to achieve it and it violate the related standard protocol. Windows ink is Microsoft's new standard protocol, the version above PS CC uses the windows ink standard protocol ; Win Tab is the old standard protocol and the version below PS CC uses it.

Compared to famouse brands Wacom, we still have much to learn and we are yruing our hard to overcome this issue, please kindly undertsand it.

Many thanks for your kind consideration on this matter.
"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For your information here is how Wacom Intuos Pro configured to use wibtab in Photoshop and INK in all other applucations work in Photoshop CC 2018

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix worked for me and my Cintiq Pro 16.

CC 2018 finally feels responsive again!

Am I loosing any functionality by turning off the windows ink?

-----

Btw, @squiddie , verify if your txt file is not named "PSUSerConfig.txt.txt"

my file had a 2x "txt" typed and thats why the fix was not happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only turn off Windows INK for Photoshop Wacom driver uses Microsoft INK  for all other Applications

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, I see. This way the other applications will keep full features.

Thanks again!    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines