• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print Orientation Won't "Stick"

Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select landscape orientation and try to print the software is somehow reverting to portrait mode....  This occurs regardless of the selected paper size or the printer path. I am using an Epson 3880. See embedded/attached YouTube video link for screen recording of the issue.

Message was edited by: Jerry Cagle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also happens when attempting to print in portrait mode...  Just spoke with Adobe again (4th contact, I believe), and they are now saying this is a known bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hexclimber,

I have been having the same problem for some time using an Epson Stylus Pro 4900 on a Mac Pro running High Sierra except that it has taken portrait format and turned it to landscape.  This problem showed up when printing to real (expensive) paper as well as to printing to "Preview" on the screen.

I just seen an hour on the phone with a Level 2 Adobe person without a satisfactory resolution.  However, he did point to the possibility of a printer driver update as being the answer.  I think it is!  On the Mac in System Preferences / Printers & Scanners, I removed my 4900 and then added it back.  This updated the driver to driver 9.65 from 9.33. 

Now the problem seems to have completely gone away.  Landscape now prints in landscape; portrait prints in portrait.  Exactly like it used to do.  I hope this solves the problem for you too.  Thank you for your efforts and for posting the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know how much this will help, but I saw a post by an Epson printing expert that suggests that there might be an interaction going on with macOS print presets. Part of his advice was to switch the Presets menu at the top of the Print dialog to Default, away from any macOS print presets you've saved. Below is the full link to his advice:

https://community.inkjetmall.com/t/printing-problems-with-new-lightroom-7-2/5179/2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines