Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Photoshop color mismatch

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I noticed that when I am in Lightroom and use the "edit in Photoshop" function, the colors do not match. I have calibrated my monitor with an xrite colomunki and also made sure that both were working in the same color space. Here are two screenshots. The second one is more extreme. I have done a lot of research and cannot seem to solve the problem. How can I fix this?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Comments is to ask about the operation of the Forum, not a specific program]

[Moved from the Comments forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is most likely caused by a defective or incompatible monitor profile.

Windows 10 is known to install low quality/defective monitor profiles when doing updates. so that may have happened to you.

Go to Control panel > Color management, and verify that the correct profile is set as default.

If the correct profile is set as default, try recalibrating, making sure to create a version 2, matrix based profile.

Version 4 and/or table based can create problems.

You can also set the profile to sRGB (or Adobe RGB if you have a wide gamut monitor), but it will probably not be as accurate as a profile created using a hardware calibrator.

And for the record, image profiles and working spaces don't have to match - images will still display correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I tried recalibrating making sure to use a version 2 profile but I am still experiencing the same problem. Do you have any other ideas as to why this may be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try setting the monitor profile to sRGB?

If that fixes the problem, something is wrong with the monitor profile.

Add the sRGB profile (or Adobe RGB if you have a wide gamut monitor).

Make sure that Use my settings for this device is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found out what was causing the discrepancy between the two programs! Changing the camera calibration profile from adobe standard to embedded under the develop module fixed it! Thank you for your time nonetheless. However, I would like to know how I would be able to automatically import the embedded profile without having to go through and change each one. Is this possible? Or rather have photoshop match lightroom as what I'm seeing in lightroom is more similar to what I see on the back of my camera.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines