• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it a bad idea to overlap text bounding boxes?

Enthusiast ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an example. I have the smaller text in one box, and the large text in another box. There's too much space between them, so I have overlapped the boxes' placement to achieve the line spacing I want. Is there anything wrong with this, or will it ultimately produce bad code? I want to do things the right way, but really don't know the best way to handle this. Thanks for your input.

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 8.13.48 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

No problem. It´s just a design point of view and that´s OK. In most templates I found that they even put text with different settings in one text box. I always try to do it as you did here. Gives better control and you could set different paragraph styles more easily.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem. It´s just a design point of view and that´s OK. In most templates I found that they even put text with different settings in one text box. I always try to do it as you did here. Gives better control and you could set different paragraph styles more easily.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, man. Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines